Friday, August 11, 2017

Mother Load

Today I'm sharing our typical evening routine. It's changed quite a bit since having Evie and returning to work. Fortunately, I've switched to part-time. This has really helped improve my work-life balance, especially when Brady is traveling. Our routine is pretty consistent each day. It's a bit more streamlined when Brady is home and he can help with Evie. 

4:00-4:30
Get off work and pick-up Evie from daycare. 
4:30-5:00 
Prep bottles - wash bottles and pump parts then fill and label bottles for tomorrow. I have to do this first because it's my least favorite task and I just want to get it over with.
5:00-5:30 
Take Evie for a walk or go to the gym. I wish this happened every day, but it tends to be three days a week.  
5:30-5:45 
Feed Evie baby food. Brady and I like doing this together. Evie is the cutest (and happiest) when she's eating so we both like to take part.
5:45-6:15 
Bath Evie then give her a baby massage and vitamin D drop. Get her dressed in jammies and a sleep sack and read her a book. Brady always does this part when he's home. I shower while he's getting Evie ready for bed.
6:15-7:00 
Nurse then put Evie to bed.
7:00-9:00 
Eat dinner then I have two hours to get things done (write blog posts, load the dishwasher, plan tomorrows outfit) and relax (drink tea, watch Netflix, read my book and listen to music).
9:00 
Stretch then bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment