Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Iowa

Evie and I went to Iowa for my grandpa's funeral last week. I'm sad she never got to meet him. He was the kindest man. I will always remember how he greeted us with a big hug then he would hold our hand and listened so intently to every word we said. He made his grandchildren feel special. I lived with him for 5 weeks during my last year of pharmacy school. I had to wake up at 5:00 am to go to the hospital. He made me breakfast every single morning because he didn't want to miss any time together. 

This was my first time traveling alone with Evie. I'll be honest, it was rough. Evie was desperate for sleep, but could not nap on the plane. There were many tears shed and tantrums thrown. She was too tired to even focus on toys. I broke out the iPad and she could not have cared less😱 That's when the fear set in. Fortunately, everyone around us was really nice. There were no stares or rude remarks. A lot of people offer to help and the lady next to me actually held Evie for awhile👌

Our time at home was great. We enjoyed seeing the entire family. Evie had fun playing with her cousins and we stopped by Brady's parents house too. 
My favorite girls
 Bath time with Nana and Bompa
 We love cousin time
 The cutest pigtails
Evie was initially afraid of the dogs, but she warmed up to them 
 She absolutely LOVED the stairs
 Chillin with the fam
 Finally a day of nice weather!
Evie was a social butterfly at my grandpa's visitation and funeral. She still has no stranger danger. She climbed into the arms of anyone and everyone.
 Taps always gets me
 I had to stay in the car with Evie during the burial
 Evie with my Dad's cousin. She seriously did this with everyone
Saying goodbye to Grandpa's house

No comments:

Post a Comment