Thursday, August 23, 2018

Eighteen Months

There have been so many changes in the past two months, I don't know where to begin...
Her vocabulary has boomed. I can't even list all her words. Her pronunciation has also really improved. She says "love you," which is sounds like lellow, but it's the sweetest thing. I think my favorite thing this past month has been Evie learning her name. My heart bursts when she says "Ebie" and points to herself💛

Evie is obsessed with dogs, babies, and shoes. Brady and I always leave our running shoes at the front door. She either tries to put them on herself or bring them to us. She can pronounce "shoes" very well now that she says it about 30 times every day. 

She also likes to identify anything that has the potential to be hot. If it's not cold, it's hot according to Ev. She holds her hand out and says "hot" to nearly everything. We're teaching her identify things that are actually hot - fireplace, oven, candles, etc. 

She has a newfound love for Elmo or as Evie would say "Melmo." Her toothbrush has Elmo on it and Brady taught her the name. She started saying "Melmo" constantly so we've tried watching Sesame Street a few times. So far, she only lasts 2-5 minutes before she's bored. 

She also recently got into wearing bandaids. She'll say "owie" repeatedly until we put a bandaid on her wrist. I only got this 18-month photo because I let her wear a bandaid and shoes😂 

Evie is starting to learn colors. Currently, she thinks everything is "lellow" but we're working on it. She's also learning to count. She counts 1, 2, 3 then jumps. 

She loves bathtime. She can easily spend an hour in the tub and she'll still cry when we take her out.

She has nearly all her teeth. I think we're only waiting for second molars. Canines came in much easier than I expected. 

She's definitely getting more attached to Brady and I. She likes to be held and carried everywhere, but she still has no problem stalking strangers. It's really annoying at the park. She'll walk up to anyone and stand in their personal space just starring. Brady and I argue over who has to go get her and talk to said stranger lol 


No comments:

Post a Comment