Friday, February 28, 2020

Another Hip Surgery

I’m currently in Phoenix with mom. I had my third (and hopefully, last) hip surgery at Mayo on Monday. 2020 has been nonstop medical appointments, but I’m happy to finally have some answers and be on the mend. I’m coming to terms with the fact that I won’t run again and I’ll be dealing with these crappy hips the rest of my life. I’m trying to stay positive and focus on gratitude. I’m so lucky to have supportive friends and family. 

I’m going to Iowa tomorrow to recover at my parents house for a couple weeks. I miss Brady and Evie so much, but I know this is best for my recovery. If I’m around Evie, I can’t help but let her climb all over me and pick her up. I’m very thankful for FaceTime!
 First dressing change and shower felt amazing
 The necessities

No comments:

Post a Comment