Thursday, June 2, 2016

May Favorites

Beauty
1 | Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish is actually empty in this photo. I've been using it every day for a little extra volume. It smells amazing and lasts forever- a little bit definitely goes a long way. 

2 | Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil is the first cleaning oil that I actually like. It removes make-up so well and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy afterwards. It has actually become my favorite part of the whole skincare routine.

3 | Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm is also empty. This is probably the first lip balm I've completely finished. I use it every morning and every night. It's really thick and hydrating. I need to repurchase asap. 

4 | Hourglass Ambient Bronzer (Radiant Bronze Light) has reached holy grail status. It's pricey, but you get a lot of product and it's incredibly pigmented (that's how I justify the $$$). Perfect for a sun-kissed summer glow.

5 | e.l.f. Blush Palette is definitely worth the $6 price tag.  I don't use the two darker shades, but the two lightest shades are great! It's nice to switch things up after using NARS Dolce Vita for the past 6 months.

Fashion
1 | Kate Spade Willa Flats = the best purchase I've made in months. I've been wearing them nearly every day and get tons of compliments on them. Plus, they're comfortable (and TTS). I'm actually considering buying another pair.

2 | Ray-Ban Aluminum Clubmasters are an obvious favorite if you've seen any of my recent 'Weekend Update' posts. These are the sunglasses I had to repurchase after losing my first pair in the Puget Sound. I feel cooler when I wear them :)

3 | Shinola Wristlet (similar) has been convenient the past couple weekends we've been in Seattle. I love carrying wristlets and mini bags, but this one is my favorite because of the quality. The leather is soft and luxe and I really like the silver hardware. 

4 | Michele CSX Watch has been making a reappearance the past few weeks. I wear watches in waves - months without wearing them, then suddenly I feel naked with it. This one has always been my favorite and I love that the band is interchangeable. 

5 | Coach Trench (similar) is a classic. I wear trench coats year round in the PNW. However, I switch it up from black to khaki when the weather gets warm. I've had this coat for 5 years and it still looks great. 

Miscellaneous
1 | Bath & Body Works Tahiti Candle smells so good. I just started burning it a few days ago. I keep telling myself to "burn conservatively" so I don't finish it off in a week, like I usually do. Give it a sniff next time you're at Bath & Body Works!

2 | L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes are surprisingly good. I worried it would be streaky, but it applies evenly and one towelette is good for the entire body. I still prefer the lotion, but these have been very handy.

3 | Belvia Bites are more of an obsession for me (and definitely Brady). We eat them everyday and actually started buying them in bulk from Amazon Prime Pantry. They're delicious and keep you feeling full. A staple in my work bag. 

4 | Theo Chocolate is the perfect treat at the end of the day. I've tried nearly all the different flavors, but mint and coconut are my favorite. I hadn't realized they're based in Seattle until we stumbled across their factory in Fremont... makes me like them even more :)

5The Affair was also a legitimate obsession. I watched two seasons in 10 days. The storyline, the actors, the (beach) setting are all very appealing. I'm impatiently waiting for season 3 to premiere. 

The faves of the faves


No comments:

Post a Comment