Thursday, April 6, 2017

March Favorites

Beauty
1 | NARS Matte Multiple (Vientiane) is back in rotation for Spring and Summer. I switched out my powder bronzer and blush for the cream versions. I forgot how much I like this bronzer - it's the perfect shade and looks so natural. It's also really soft and easy to blend. I blend with a brush, but fingers or a sponge work just as well.

2 | MAC Cream Color Base (Hush) was recently in a favorites post, but it's so good I had to mention it again. Hands down, favorite highlight. It's glowy and radiant, yet natural. I've noticed it's best when blended with fingertips.

3 | Olay Total Effects Moisturizer smells of sunscreen and I love it (definitely not fragrance free like it says on the bottle). It's a great moisturizer with anti-aging properties and SPF15, but my favorite part is the scent. I think sunscreen will always be one of my favorite smells.

4 | Caudalie Grape Water is refreshing and energizing. It's a very fine mist, but leaves my skin feeling hydrated - great for traveling to the desert. I imagine it's just like the Evian Water Spray, although I haven't tried that one.

5 | Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Lotion is an old favorite. I always go back to this lotion, especially in Spring/Summer. It leaves the perfect glow - never streaky or patchy. This helped me bare my pale legs in California.

Fashion
1 | Longchamp Le Pliage Neo Tote was a lifesaver in California. I never found a diaper bag I liked so didn't end up getting one. I had been using my Lo & Sons OMG Bag, but didn't want to take on our trip so this tote doubled as my handbag and diaper bag. It was perfect! Great size and easy to clean.

2 | Birkenstock Gizeh Sandals were another California staple. I was nervous about wearing flip-flops on this trip - we did a lot of walking and I always get blisters when I wear flip-flops for the first time of the season. These were great! No blisters and I wore them every. single. day.

3 | GAP Long Sleeve Tees are essential. They are so soft and stretchy. I bought them in the tall size, but they are super long and I probably would have been okay ordering the regular size. They're currently on sale and I'm going to get a few more.

4 | Merona Drawstring Shorts were purchased because my shorts still don't fit 😒. I was upset I had buy these, but they are actually really comfortable and keep their shape. I wore them several days in San Diego and they didn't get stretched out.

5 | Gilligan & O'Malley Nursing Tanks are the best nursing tanks I've found (and I've tried a lot). They're long, soft, comfortable, and easy to unhook (one-handed). My sister gave me one and I bought two more. I want all the colors.

Miscellaneous
1 | Ferie and Fray Honey Sea Salt Soy Candle smells amazing. I got it from a local shop when my mom was in town - she got the same scent and loves it too. It actually reminds me of Bath & Body Works Endless Weekend, which I burned constantly last summer.

2 | Method Lime and Sea Salt Dish Soap has a pump, which I never realized I needed until I started washing bottles and pumping supplies (with a million parts) multiple times a day. I really love this scent too! (Random favorite, I know)

3 | Covered Goods Nursing/Carseat Cover is so versatile - carseat cover, nursing cover, and makeshift burp cloth when you forget to pack one (oops). On that note, it washes really well. It's super soft and doesn't pill. It comes in a lot cute colors and designs.

4 | Coffee Mate Almond Milk Creamer is spicing up my decaf coffee. I inadvertently gave up dairy - my only source of dairy was greek yogurt during my pregnancy and it doesn't sound good anymore. Evie's pediatrician recommended giving up dairy to reduce spit-up (hasn't worked yet) so now I'm mindfully avoiding dairy and I don't miss it - this creamer is amazing! I like vanilla and hazelnut! 

5 | Billions is my latest obsession. Brady introduced me to it. We binge-watched this series throughout March and now we have to watch it one episode each week like normal people... very annoying.

The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment