Friday, April 28, 2017

Mother Load

Motherhood is the best, but this postpartum journey is a different story. It's uncharted territory for me, but it seems like once I overcome an obstacle there's a new one in its place. 

It took three weeks just to physically recover and be able to sit comfortably in a chair again. It took another three weeks for breastfeeding to be pain-free (we struggled with our latch on the left side). Now, I'm 10 weeks postpartum and still have to lose 11 lbs to return to pre-pregnancy weight😩 Unfortunately, I'm not one of those women who loses all the weight by breastfeeding. This is definitely more of a process than I expected.

It's difficult to focus on anything other than Evie. I'm preoccupied with baby thoughts - number of hours slept, amount of spit-up, last bowel movement, etc. However, I have realized the importance of taking care of myself. I'm trying to return to being a normal human. I'm very motivated to get back in shape. I'm exercising six days a week and eating a clean diet. I've started painting my nails again (which feels so good) and I actually finished a book for the first time in months😱

I'm definitely a work in progress, but this little babe really does make it all worth it...
Smiles for Daddy
Furrowed brow
Pensive 
Curious
Cheeky

No comments:

Post a Comment