Friday, September 8, 2017

Friday

Here's how I've spent the past week...

Reading Commonwealth by Ann Patchett - I'm over halfway through and I really like it. I always plan for 30 minutes of reading before bed, but it's been 45-60 minutes this week because I can't put this book down. I find myself thinking about the characters throughout the day - that's how you know it's a good one. 

Listening to Apple Music and discovering lots of new (and old) songs. I've been playing a lot of Elton John - "Tiny Dancer" (always reminds me of Almost Famous) and "Rocket Man"🙌 I've also had "Sunroof" by courtship"This Song" by RAC, and "Hold Me Down" by Daniel Caesar on repeat. 

Eating my favorite sweet treat of chocolate peanut butter oats - I melt 10 dark chocolate chips with one tbsp of peanut butter in the microwave for one minute. I mix it together with oats and it is delicious. I started making this during maternity leave when I was trying to lose weight, but desperate for something sweet. Four months later I'm still loving it. 

Wearing these GAP pajama pants non-stop since Brie and I bought matching pairs two weeks ago😊 I thought they would shrink after washing (and drying) them because they're 100% cotton, but they haven't. They're lightweight and comfortable and cute! Brie and I only had two weeks together and we managed we buy matching clothes... feels like the old days.

Obsessing over Hurricane Irma. We are supposed to leave for a family vacation to Key West next weekend, but that is not happening. I've been binge watching the news and it's so sad to see the devastation. These disasters really make you reflect on what's important and realize we are small compare to Mother Nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment