Thursday, January 25, 2018

My Meal-Prep Staples

I've been meal-prepping routinely for nine months. I think I've only missed one week in that time frame. 

It has drastically improved my diet. I'm no longer rummaging through the fridge to piece together a meal or snack. I used to bring the most random foods to work for my "lunch." Now I have an actual meal, which has really helped my energy and stress level. 

Meal-prepping definitely takes a bit of effort, but we've worked out the kinks. We found a system that works for us. We started with a shared list in our phones. I create the shopping list. Brady does the grocery shopping on Saturdays with Evie (she loves the grocery store). I spend a few hours on Sunday prepping breakfasts, lunches, snacks and usually two dinners. 

Here are our staples...

Grains
Rolled oats, quinoa, brown rice, whole-grain pasta

Protein
Chicken, salmon, ground beef, ground turkey, eggs

Vegetables 
Sweet potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers, red onion, brussels sprouts, spinach

Fruit
Bananas, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, clementines, tomatoes, avocados

Grocery shopping with Dad in jammies 
 This girl loves to snack on fruit
 Lunches ready for the week - brown rice, chicken, roasted veg
 Evie's snacks for daycare - chicken and veg
 Spaghetti is Evie's favorite (1/2 whole-grain spaghetti, 1/2 butternut squash noodles)
 Spaghetti for dinner and clementines for dessert
 Burrito bowl prep 
Daddy's little helper
 Overnight oats are my go-to breakfast
Forever roasting vegetables 

No comments:

Post a Comment