Friday, January 12, 2018

This Is 29

The last year of my twenties starts now😩

I'm handling this one surprisingly well (next year will probably be a real doozy). For years I said I wouldn't age past 28. I loved being 28! I felt like a grown-up that people took seriously, but still young and hip (maybe?). Plus, it's the year I became a mama and having Evie made it the best year ever. I'm not ready for it to end.
With that said, here are my goals for 29...if it must happen.

1 | Workout five days/week
I've been doing well the past couple months because I've found a good routine. I do BBG three days each week. I run once weekly and I do a barre class every Saturday. I really want to try OrangeTheory, but the location near me hasn't opened yet.

2 | Read 12 books/year
This has been a resolution for me every year and usually I surpass this goal. However, last year was a fail. I probably only read six books and none of them were favorites. I'm going to put more time into researching good books and try to have the next one ready to go. 

3 | Meal-prep each week
I started meal-prepping when I returned to work from maternity leave. Really, I should credit my sister for this. I started meal-prepping because Brie started meal-prepping #littlesister. It's made such a big difference in my life. Evenings are calm and relaxing because the work is already done. I want to remain mindful of how much this has improved my overall (mental and physical) health.

4 | Drink two liters of water daily
I struggle with this one. I can easily drink one liter of water each day. It's that second liter that I always seem to forget about until it's time for bed and I don't want to guzzle water before going to sleep. My goal is one liter by lunch and the second liter by the end of my work day (4PM).

5 | Stick to a monthly budget 
Brady and I reviewed our December "budget" (if you can even call it that). It was eye-opening to see where all our money is going. We're setting a budget and sticking to it this time! We really need to limit how much we spend on take-out, clothes, and Amazon Video ($5.50 per movie is a total rip-off, but we are the suckers paying it).

No comments:

Post a Comment