Tuesday, November 10, 2015

October Favorites

Beauty
1 | Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil has quickened my morning routine. The slanted tip really speeds things up. Plus there is a wide range of shades... warm brunette is perfect for me. 

2 | Essie Gel Topcoat is my holy grail topcoat. It has surpassed Seche Vite and Sally Hansen. It leaves the best shine and doesn't chip. My only complaint is that it gets thick and clumpy too quickly.

3 | Pixi Glow Tonic peaked my interest after many rave reviews. I was never one for using toner, but this leaves a noticeable effect. It's brightening and smoothing and is a key part of my skincare routine.

4 | Eyelash Tinting was a big discovery for me in October. I've been struggling with dry, irritated eyes and mascara seems to make it worse. This allows me to skip mascara or just add a little mascara primer. 

5 | Estee Lauder Little Black Primer is intended to be a mascara base, but I've been using it alone quite often this past month. It adds the most subtle definition and feels like you're wearing nothing on your lashes.

Fashion
1 | Marc Jacobs Key Pouch is so handy! I no longer search through my bags (or the apartment) for my keys. I keep my essentials in this little bag... keys, cash, eye drops, lip balm. The bright color helps too.

2 | Banana Republic Turtleneck is my new favorite. It's warm and comfortable and long. I've packed it for every trip we had this past month. I really want to get a few more colors. 

3 | Zella 'Live In' Leggings have been another travel essential. I've worn them hiking, traveling, lounging. They keep their shape and don't pill. I actually prefer them to some of my Lululemon pants.

4 | Z Supply Tees are the replacement for my beloved FreeLoader tees that are nearly impossible to find anymore. I've been searching high and low for basic tees. These are soft, v-neck, and long in length (all my requirements). 

5 | Birkenstocks were an impulse buy when Brady was ordering a pair for himself, but I've been living in these shoes. They're so easy to throw on and comfortable all day. Plus, I actually like the look of them. 

Miscellaneous 
1 | Yogi Cranberry Spice Tea is so good. It supposedly improves digestion, but I never notice the labeled benefits of tea. More importantly, it tastes amazing- fruity and spicy at the same time.

2 | Tea Kettle was a necessary purchase after being ill a few weeks ago and drinking tea at all hours of the day. This kettle is big and heats up quickly... don't know if it could get much better than that.

3 | Herschel Little America Backpack is a new purchase, but already a favorite. I got it for our trip back to Iowa and I love it. It's the perfect size- not too big, but holds everything you need.

4 | The Family Stone is one of my favorite holiday movies. I feel like I can get away with watching it in October because it's not too Christmasy. I'll save The Polar Express and Christmas Vacation for December.

5 | "Perfect" by One Direction is my favorite One Direction song ever... that's a bold statement. I love everything about it. It's catchy and upbeat and the music video is definitely their best one yet.

The faves of the faves 

No comments:

Post a Comment