Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Iowa

Brady and I went home for a quick visit. It was so nice to see our family and friends!

We took the red-eye Thursday night and arrived in Des Moines Friday morning. We parted ways at the airport so Brady could go golfing with his dad and brothers while I went for brunch (and shopping!) with my family. I stayed at my parents house Friday night to soak up as much Mira time as possible... she's gotten so big!
Mira loves Bompa
I miss shopping with the girls!
Mira and Brie Brie
She was copying everything Brie did... adorable
I went running Saturday morning with my dad and Brie. Then we all got ready and went to Ames for the ISU vs. Texas football game. We intended to tailgate in the grass lots, but the weather didn't cooperate. We ended up at Connor and Colin's (brothers-in-law) place, which is really close to the stadium. 
Running in McHose Park
Pretty leaves
Sean and Amanda!
Love this little babe
Family photo
Da girls
Mira has Bompa eyes
My dad and Brie went to the game while the rest of continued the tailgate :) A bit later the girls got a brilliant idea to go to the Haunted Forest. I hadn't been since high school, but was actually pretty scary. There were definitely a few screams. We met up with the boys at a pub afterwards. 
Waiting outside the Haunted Forest (Jack Trice Stadium in the background)
Scary times
Walking by Jack Trice on the way back
Lots of costumes in the brewery
Waiting in line for super dogs!
I love super dogs!
Sunday was a chill day. I went shopping (again) with my mom and Brie. My dad took me for a drive in his new car. I couldn't drive... still need to learn stick shift. We ended the weekend lounging around with the family and playing with Mira.
Pottery Barn getting festive
Dad with Aston
I've missed these views...
I actually didn't end up taking too many photos. We were busy catching up with everyone... and my phone died multiple times. I'm bummed I didn't get a single photo with my mom :(

No comments:

Post a Comment