Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March Favorites

Beauty
1 | Cover Fx Mattifying BB Gel is my go-to when I wear foundation. It's a rare occurrence because I don't like the feeling of make-up sitting on my skin, but this is definitely the most comfortable base I've found. Feels like nothing. 

2 | Beauty Blender is always a favorite, but constantly overlooked. I forget about it since I use it so frequently. No better way to blend foundation/concealer. I've had mine over a year- it still works well and cleans up nicely. 

3 | Too Faced Natural Eye Palette is a classic. Shimmer and matte shades with great pigmentation. I don't wear eyeshadow often, but when I do it's always neutral tones. This is really the only palette I need. 

4 | Simple Cleansing Micellar Water is my new favorite way to cleanse in the morning. It leaves your face clean and hydrated. I don't think it works well to remove makeup so I'm still using a traditional cleanser at night. 

5 | Purple Nail Polish (OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender & Revlon Hold Em) has been the only thing on my nails this past month (and Essie Sugar Daddy, which is my default). I like to alternate between light and dark nails. 


Fashion
1 | Paige Denim 'Transcend Skyline' (Black Shadow) are the most comfortable pants ever. No surprise here. I rave about this brand every month. I love this style (and color) so much I had to purchase a third pair. 

2 | The White Company Cardigan (sold out, similar) is a versatile piece in my wardrobe. I've worn it to work and with Lululemon yoga pants... can't say that about many other tops. Plus, it washes up really well. A quick iron and it looks like new. 

3 | 3.1 Phillip Lim 'Mini Pashli' Satchel (Lapis) was great investment. I got this bag in 2014. It has held up so well and is still one of my favorite bags. The size is perfect for anytime you want to be hands-free. 

4 | Bernie Mev 'Verona' Slip-Ons have been essential since returning to work. I wasn't able to wear my usual flats so these were  a life-saver. They're a subtle sneaker (not too unprofessional) and very comfortable. 

5 | ASOS Mirrored Sunglasses (similar) are the best affordable sunglasses. I got them last year and still love them. They don't feel cheap and the style is so cute. I get loads of compliments from girls... guys think they're ugly. 


Miscellaneous 
1 | Bachelorette is hilarious! Molly let me borrow her DVD a couple weeks ago and I've already watched it three times. It's like Bridesmaids, but much better (in my opinion). So many one-liners, so little time.

2 | Bath & Body Works 'Endless Weekend' Candle is a must-have this Spring. I'm currently burning my third one. It smells very similar to 'Apple Flower', which I was obsessed with last S/S. I think they may have just renamed it. 

3 | Bath & Body Works Lavender Chamomile Pillow Mist was a last-ditch effort to help with my insomnia since the accident. I think time has helped the most, but I do love this scent. I spray my pillow, the duvet, and my rocking chair... pretty much any fabric it will stick to. 

4 | Tazo Peppermint Tea has also become apart of my nighttime routine. I end each evening with a cup of tea and a book (while sitting in my rocking chair). It's very relaxing. I actually look forward to it now. 

5 | www.unroll.me has saved my inbox. It's definitely the quickest way the unsubscribe to mass e-mails. I unsubscribed to 94! It also offers e-mail "roll-up" which sends you one e-mail with links to subscriptions you want to continue receiving.  


The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment