Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Wedding Weekend

The wedding was heaven, but the travel was hell.

We flew back on Friday. We left Seattle at 5:00 am and we were supposed to arrive in Iowa at noon. Our connecting flight, through Denver, was continuously delayed (for a grand total of 12 hours) before they finally cancelled it. We ended up catching another flight that got us to Iowa at midnight. It was horrendous and there were many tears shed at Denver International. Unfortunately, we missed the rehearsal and the dinner, but we did make the wedding.

Saturday was the big day. It was such a fun day I actually forgot how exhausted I was. There was a little rain in the morning (for good luck), but it cleared off for the ceremony and reception. It was a beautiful wedding. I'm so happy for Brie and Tyler! Everything was perfect!

Here are a few candid shots from the day. I didn't take many photos so I stole a few from Instra. I'll share more when they come back from the photographer.
Getting ready!
Photos in the church before the ceremony
Photos around downtown Des Moines after the ceremony...
...in the trolley
Maids
At the State Capitol 
My date
Bridal party selfies
A few bars before the reception 
Another bridal party selfie :)
The bride & groom on the trolley
Stunning ballroom
Cutting the cake

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know about your wedding weekend. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my cousin’s wedding and hired online famous Florist Delivery services. They made beautiful decorations at wedding venue and everyone liked their work a lot.

    ReplyDelete