Saturday, October 19, 2019

London

The final lag of our trip was London! We got really lucky with the weather. It was chilly, but we were supposed to get a lot of rain. Somehow it managed to stay dry the entire time. We started calling Ann's umbrella the lucky umbrella because every time she brought it out there was no rain🙌

I started the first day with a tour of the Chruchill War Rooms. I'm obsessed with WWII and this museum was incredible. I spent way longer than expected just reading quotes and watching WWII video clips, but we also toured the underground bunker. 

After the tour, I met Ann at Buckingham Palace. Then we walked along the River Thames to see Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Big Ben (which was under construction). We had drink then took the tube to Regent's Park where we walked around and stopped at another pub😊 before heading to Shoreditch for the evening. 

We spent an entire afternoon wandering through Notting Hill. We walked through Portobello Road Market where I bought Evie an antique print of Winnie the Pooh for £10 (bargain!). We had lunch at Granger & Co then shopped in the area before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. 

Our last day was casual. We strolled several parks. I finally saw Kensington Palace. We ate a healthy lunch at The Good Life Eatery then had the most decadent desserts at EL&N #balance
 Churchill!
 London has the best parks
 Queenie wasn't home
 Tourist central
I loved this day!
  Everyone taking photos of the gurads
 Another beautiful view of St James Park
Westminster
 Crossing River Thames
 Ann asked where Big Ben was so I looked at my map then we figured out we were right next to it lol it's completely covered
 We walked just as much in London as we did in Paris
 Regent's Park sculptures
 Very well maintained park
 Notting Hill
 A little late night shopping
 Kensington
 This was a gorgeous day
 Princess Diana memorial
 Lounging in the park in the sun... heaven!
 Last day
I love these little outdoor eateries
 Piccadilly Circus
Evie told everyone at daycare I visited Peppa and Madeline😂 all the souvenirs for my Evie girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment