Thursday, October 17, 2019

Paris

I love Paris.
I thoroughly enjoyed our time exploring this city. We did all the touristy things... Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Luxembourg Garden, Versailles.

We stayed in an apartment near the Eiffel Tower. It was a great location. We had several cafés and restaurants nearby and we were a 5 minute walk to the metro.

We wandered around Avenue Montaigne one day and Montmartre another day. These were some of my favorite days... just shopping, eating, drinking, snapping photos. We had the most amazing brunch at The Hardware Société in Montmartre. We ended this day with pizza and Chianti at Babalou. I felt like I was back in Italy.

I also really liked sitting in the Luxembourg Gardens. We happened to be in the area after eating brunch at Le LouLou then visiting Shakespeare & Company (at Ann's request). I started googling what else to see in the area and I'm so glad I stumbled upon a site with this recommendation. The gardens were stunning. The statues were mostly female (which Ann loved😂) and we sat for awhile just enjoying the views and sunshine. 

After the Luxembourg Gardens, we took the train to Versailles. The palace was opulent, but we all preferred the gardens. They were all unique and immaculate. Unfortunately, the weather took a turn and we got caught in storm. We found shelter and posted up at a bar for a couple hours until it passed.

Caitlin left for the UK the day before us so Ann and I had a day to walk along the Seine, visit the Louvre, shop on Avenue Montaigne. We walked over 10 miles this day. We were shocked by all the people taking selfies with Mona Lisa. We waited in Louis Vuitton for over an hour just to purchase a cardholder, but wait list for help was too long so we drank our free glass of champagne and kept walking. 

The architecture, food and vibes in Paris are so good. I can't wait to go back with Brady!

 View from the apartment
 Walking slowly to enjoy all the stunning buildings
 Brunch at The Hardware Société
 Sacré-Coeur
 Great view of the city
 Carousels all over Paris
 Shopping break😊
 I'm fond of these little cafés with all outdoor seating
 I Love You Wall
 Babalou pizza rivals Italy
 Bookworm!
 View of Notre Dame from a nearby park
 Luxembourg Gardens
 The sun came out!
 Photo overload from these gardens
 I really like the lines of trees. They're trimmed to perfection. 
 Admiring every statue
 This is last one from Luxembourg... I made it my phone background
 The cane made it in shot at Versaille
 I took more photos outside of Versailles than in
 Hall of mirrors is still used for events today
 The Queens bedroom
 Our favorite part! The gardens...
 Look at that precision
 Ominous clouds rolling in
 Quick run to a bar
 Trying escargot for the first time! It was good
 Morning walk along the river
 Beautiful autumn colors
 She traveled the metro by herself!
Arc de Triomphe  
 Macarons were a must
 Herded like cattle to see Mona Lisa
 My favorite picture I took at the Louvre😂 outside the window
Lovely sunset 
 Best MIL
Walking/scooting along the river

No comments:

Post a Comment