Wednesday, February 3, 2016

January Favorites

Beauty
1 | Lancome Definicils Mascara is worth the hype. Great length, great definition. The small wand is so easy to work with and the formula does not flake. This is my first Lancome mascara, but I definitely want to try others now.

2 |  DryBar Money Maker Hairspray is very flexible. I use a generous amount each morning, but can still comb through my hair throughout the day. It helps give my fine, lifeless hair texture and volume. 

3 | Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne was a Christmas gift from my in-laws. I've wanted this scent for years! It was such a great gift. I keep it on my end table so I can smell it every night before bed :) instantly puts me in a good mood.

4 | Hourglass Ambient Bronzer (Radiant Bronze Light) is giving me life during these winter months. It's warm and glowy... doubles as a bronzer and highlight. Warning: it's very pigmented- a light hand is necessary!

5 | Candy Cane ChapStick is a real treat this time of year. Hands down, the best flavor (year round). I wish it wasn't limited edition. I'm thankful they're packaged in trios. 


Fashion
1 | Hayden Cashmere Sweater has probably been mentioned in a previous favorites post, but I snagged a new color (grey, obviously) this month. I've been wearing it at least once a week. 

2 | Paige Denim love affair continues. I picked up two more pairs this month (even branched out and tried a new style!). They are the most comfortable and keep their shape like no other jeans. 

3 | Nike Kaishi Sneakers are very similar to the Nike Roshe, but the sole isn't as large (or round). They are super comfortable and go with everything. Best $40 I spent this month.

4 | Sweaty Betty 7/8 Leggings are my new favorites. I prefer them to any of my Lululemon pants because they don't slide down on the hips and they're reversible... two cute leggings in one. 

5 | Marc by Marc Jacobs Q Wingman Wristlet has gotten a lot of use this winter. The size is great- holds 5 cards, change, and my phone easily (sometime I cram lip balm or keys in too). Lots of color options with this style!


Miscellaneous 
1 | #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso is such great read. It's entertaining, enlightening, and motivating. She writes so well- keeps things interesting and funny. Brady has been calling me girl boss and I love it. 

2 | Aladdin Travel Mug was another spontaneous Target purchase. I love the design, the size, the spill-proof lid. Plus, it's dishwasher safe. Cheers to staying caffeinated!

3 | Sugar Paper Planner is a list-maker's dream. It has a monthly calendar in the front, but then hundreds of blank note-taking pages. I preferred weekly planners in college, but this style is convenient for jotting down to-do lists, ideas, reminders, etc.  

4 | Mexico by KYKO is my latest musical discovery. I purchased the EP which includes 4 songs- they're all good, but this one is the standout. It's catchy, upbeat, and I love his voice. The live version on YouTube is great!

5 | Audible for the win this month! I've already bought 5 books. I can't be without an audio book anymore (especially when I'm driving). The Girl on the Train and Yes Please are my favorites so far. 

The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment