Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Weekend Update

I've been putting off writing this post because it's a weekend I don't want to relive. I get anxious and nauseous every time I tell the story of my ski accident so hopefully this will be the last time.

We drove to Bend, OR on Friday night. It was a very long drive... I think it ended up being six hours. We were exhausted when we got to the hotel and pretty much went straight to bed. 

We woke up Saturday morning and wandered around town with our coffees. It was a beautiful, blue-sky morning.
Prefect morning 
Mountaintop in the distance
We returned to the hotel, gathered our ski gear, and headed to Mt. Bachelor. The conditions were not ideal. The summit was closed due to strong winds. The runs on the east side of the mountain were extremely icy (no fresh snow for two weeks) and the runs on the west side
had crazy long lift lines. We ended up spending more time on the east just to avoid the lines.
Suit up
Bye blue sky
Love PNW scenery 
We did a lot of blue runs for me and went into the ski park a couple times for Brady. It was the ski park that gave me trouble. I went through the large ski park with no problems. Later in the afternoon we went through the smaller ski park. I (unintentionally) got a lot of air and landed very badly. I don't really remember much other than panicking mid-air and knowing it wasn't going to end well. 

Sure enough, I dislocated my right hip. We spent the remainder of the night at the ski resort clinic, in an ambulance, then finally ended it at the local hospital. I had my hip reduced back into place and I'm non-weight bearing for two weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment