Friday, February 26, 2016

Just Keep Swimming

The past two weeks have been difficult.

I was relieved when the doctor first told me it was a hip dislocation (details here). I honestly thought I would be fine once it was popped back in place. I was unfamiliar with this type of injury (and the complications). I wasn't mentally prepared to be so physically limited. I've been dependent on others for daily activities which used to be mindless... driving, showering, getting dressed. It's been a struggle to stay positive, but each day is getting better and I'm so grateful to have an amazing support system! My family, friends, co-workers have been incredibly kind and generous.
My mom arrived Monday just in time for Brady to return to work. She's got me out of the house for the first time in 10 days. Sitting by the Puget Sound does the body good...
James Bay is also pulling me through. Chaos and the Calm is a great album. It's not new, I just never gave it a chance. I previewed it last summer and didn't like it, but now I have it on repeat. Funny how time changes things like that. 
My mom got me tulips. My in-laws got me coloring books and candy. I can't believe how obsessive I've become with these flowers and coloring books. My mom keeps saying "quiet times in life make you see things differently." 
The ortho said it would a year before I was back to normal. My dad said I have to prove her wrong :) I certainly hope I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment