Friday, February 3, 2017

January Favorites

Beauty
1 | MAC Hush was the best Christmas gift from Brie. I've worn it every. single. day. It's a natural, creamy highlight that I'm addicted to. A quick swipe over the cheekbones, nose, and cupid's bow leaves you with that "lit from within" glow.

2 | Lavanila Healthy Deodorant is surprisingly good. I was skeptical at first, but figured it was worth a try (I'm usually one for deodorant + antiperspirant). I've been wearing this every day and saving my antiperspirant for workouts.

3 | R+Co One Prep Spray does it all - detangles, smoothes, softens and protects from heat. Plus, it smells amazing! I only use this spray followed by the The Living Proof Full Thickening Cream then blow-dry and that's my hair routine done. 

4 | Formula X Nail Polish is currently on sale (can't beat $5 these days) and is quickly becoming my favorite polish. I love the formula - it goes on smooth and opaque and lasts all week. I picked up two new colors last week. 

5 | Sephora Pro Flawless Powder Brush is another item currently on sale! I'm a big fan of the Sephora Pro brushes - they hold up so well and don't shed. It's been ages since I got any new brushes and this one is so soft. I'm anxious to upgrade all my brushes now :)  


Fashion
1 | Burberry Bowpark Trench is the best thing I've bought in a long time. I've been coveting this trench for over a year and it was sold out everywhere. I finally found it at Seattle Premium Outlets. I love the material, the color (navy), and the cut (still fits my 9-month pregnant belly).

2 | All Saints Dahlia Cardigan is on mega-sale! This cardigan is so cute and comfortable - I wore it three days in a row. I'm seriously tempted to buy it another color. Plus, it washes really well (delicate cycle, air dry). 

3 | Calvin Klein Bralette is so good I had to buy three. I had one, but packed it in my hospital bag. I kept taking it out to wear so I bought a few more. These bras are so comfortable - definitely my delivery bra. 

4 | Calvin Klein Essentials Roll Waist Pants are super soft and bump-friendly. I envision these pants on repeat during maternity leave. Loungewear is my life these days and Calvin Klein is killing it - definitely worth looking into. 

5 | Lacoste L2737 Eyeglasses have been a lifesaver the past couple months. My eyes have been very dry, which apparently will only get worse while nursing (according to my optometrist). Taking out my contacts and putting on glasses is the first thing I do after work. This pair is my current favorite. 


Miscellaneous
1 | The Crown was my January Netflix binge. This show is addictive - informative and entertaining. I love anything related to the royal family. I finished the entire series in a week. 

2 | Chia Seeds were recommended by my mom and I've been sneaking them into everything... smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, salads.  They're full of vitamins, fatty acids, and fiber - healthy addition to my diet to counteract all the carb cravings. 

3 | Tazo Chai Tea Latte Mix was recommended by my mother-in-law (in addition to the Breville Milk Frother) for the best at-home chai lattes. This is now my favorite part of the day. Five ounces of chai with six ounces of unsweetened almond milk is perfection. 

4 | Ello Travel Mug was much needed. I had been using my old travel mug for years and it was falling apart. I love this one keeps my coffee/tea hot for several hours and it's dishwasher safe! Very cute design too.  

5 | MyPublisher Photo Books are amazing quality - thick paper, lay-flat pages, crisp images. I've been making yearbooks since we got married and love looking back on the memories. I finally got caught up and finished 2016. I'm ready to make a baby book next.

The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment