Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Bump Day

38 Weeks...
Weight gain: 
35 lbs.

Symptoms:
I was very swollen last week. I had to stop wearing my ballet flats because people kept commenting on my swollen feet. For some reason it's been better this week. Hip pain hasn't been too bad lately... knock on wood. I can walk normally day-to-day, but I have to avoid walking too far or sitting too long otherwise it gets really stiff and painful. 

Cravings/Aversions:
I've been into smoothies lately - really loving the combination of chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, banana, and almond milk. Everything else is the same. I have oatmeal for breakfast every morning. I take an apple, greek yogurt, goldfish, and mix of strawberries/blueberries/cucumbers/cherry tomatoes to work. The evening is my downfall - I've been good this week and eating scrambled eggs with spinach and salsa, but I had paninis and brownie bites several times last week. 

Maternity Clothes:
Shopping for nursing bras is the worst experience. I ended up hating the two that I ordered a couple weeks ago (I mentioned them in the last Bump Day post - Bravado and Cake). I went to Nordstrom to try-on different styles. I didn't love anything that I tried on, but ended up ordering a couple different options from Rosie Pope. Also seeing myself in three (full-length) mirrors was incredibly depressing.  

Exercise:
Elliptical x 15 minutes then Tone It Up Five Daily Moves - I do this four days/week.

Sleep:
Still using the pregnancy pillow, but most nights are restless. I'm just too uncomfortable. After a few sleepless nights I'll have one really good night of sleep.

Special Moments:
 A surprise baby shower at work last week. It was really sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment