Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Bump Day

28 Weeks...
Weight gain: 
21 lbs.

Symptoms:
Feeling very congested the past few weeks - I'm constantly blowing my nose. I just started getting swollen feet at the end of the day. I've been keeping my legs elevated at night and they're back to normal the next morning. Also, can I consider irritability a pregnancy symptom? I'm always on edge.

Cravings/Aversions:
I'm all about oatmeal right now. I've been taking a little extra time each morning to satisfy this craving - I add cinnamon, honey, chia seeds, raisins and it's delicious. Brady bought Pop-Tarts last week and it's taking a lot of self-control to avoid that temptation. I'm a sucker for Cherry Pop-Tarts. 

Maternity Clothes:
I'm still wearing a ton of GAP maternity items. I only have three pairs of maternity pants and I was sick of doing so much laundry - I just ordered this pair from Destination Maternity a few days ago. 

Exercise:
I'm doing cardio 3-4 days a week - either a run outside or elliptical if the weather isn't cooperating. I'm only doing 2-2.5 miles, but it feels great. I've also started doing more strength training. On elliptical days I force myself to lift weights and do some squats/lunges. 

Sleep:
I fear my good sleep days have passed. I have no problem falling asleep, but I can't seem to stay asleep. I wake up throughout the night feeling restless and struggle to fall back asleep. I also get woken up at 3:30 am each night with some big kicks. 

Special Moments:
Passing the three-hour glucose test - that was a nightmare and I'm so glad it's over. Also, receiving lots of gifts from family and friends :) It makes everything feel more real and exciting!  



No comments:

Post a Comment