Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bump Day

34 Weeks...
Weight gain: 
29 lbs. - visitors and traveling have not been great for my diet

Symptoms:
I'm really hating this stage of pregnancy. My hip pain is awful. My OB offered narcotics but I'm trying to get through without. It hurts to walk, sit, sleep... it feels (surprisingly) ok on the elliptical so that's been my saving grace. I've come to terms with the fact that the congestion is not going away. Also, the migraines have returned. I had the worst migraine on Sunday night and seriously considered a trip to ED before resorting to oxycodone and pedialyte which helped dull the pain, but still didn't get rid of it. 

Cravings/Aversions:
No change here - oatmeal, fruit and veggies (strawberries, blueberries, cucumber, cherry tomatoes), greek yogurt are my daily staples. I have been extra thirsty lately. I've doubled the amount of water I drink each day - I'm usually getting 80 oz. I'm also loving warm apple cider and peppermint tea. 

Maternity Clothes:
I have very few non-maternity clothes that still fit. Everything is very tight and too short. I haven't had to buy any additional maternity clothes in the past month and I'm hoping I don't need anything in the last 6 weeks. I did buy the Burberry Bowpark Trench at the outlet mall over the weekend. It's a-line and fits the bump with room to spare, but I've wanted this coat for over a year so I don't consider it maternity. 

Exercise:
30 minute sessions 3-4 days a week - alway on the elliptical for 15 minutes then either 15 minutes on the stationary bike or using free weights with the physioball. I can't talk myself out of a 30 minute workout when our gym is in our building - I have no excuses. 

Sleep:
I started using the pregnancy pillow again and I think it's helping a little bit. My hip pain is the biggest reason for waking up lately. It hurts every time I move. 

Random Things:
Stretch marks: none
Belly button in or out: (barely) in
Linea nigra: very faint
Wedding rings: on 
Labor signs: none

No comments:

Post a Comment