Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Bump Day

32 Weeks...
Weight gain: 
26 lbs. - I blame Mom and Dad's visit

Symptoms:
Honestly, I'm feeling pretty rough. I have rib and hip pain every. single. day. It feels like my ribs are bruised on my right side. It's forcing me to have better posture - every time I hunch over my ribs start burning. My hip pain is also limited to my right side - no surprise following my skiing accident. The congestion and swelling are also sticking around.

Cravings/Aversions:
Oatmeal with banana mashed in... I crave this breakfast every morning. I usually take a mix of fruit and veggies to work (strawberries, blueberries, cucumber, cherry 
tomatoes) along with a greek yogurt. It's the bowl of cereal and panini nearly every night that's killing me. 

Maternity Clothes:
My tops are getting too short. My belly pops out the bottom of all my Brady's tees. I've been wearing GAP maternity tees with a cardigan every day, but I only have 3 pairs of maternity pants that I actually like - DL1961, Paige, James Jeans. My GAP maternity pants that I loved early on are looking very worn these days. 

Exercise:
I'm still working out 3-4 days a week, but my running days are definitely over. I've been using the elliptical twice a week (usually 15-20 minutes), but it's just not the same as running. I've been doing more strength training - lunges, squats, hip trusts, hip opening exercises, arm exercises, etc. Still loving the physioball for support.

Sleep:
It's getting rare to have a full night of uninterrupted sleep. I have some good nights when I wake for couple minutes just to readjust and get comfortable, but there are also nights spent tossing and turning - usually due to congestion and discomfort.

Special Moments:
Seeing Mom and Dad! Brady commented a few weeks ago that no one in our family would see me pregnant (which I am more than ok with), but it was good to see my parents and spend time with them before the holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment