Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Italy Part 2: Florence

Florence was a whirlwind. We knew the time would pass quickly so we hit the ground running. 

We arrived at our rental apartment and quickly got changed to go explore the city. I was packing my backpack and that's when I realized I had thrown my wallet in the garbage at the train station. I was delirious after all the traveling and when I bought food in the train station I tossed my wallet into the paper bag. When we got off the train I threw the bag in the trash. Fortunately, it was still there when we returned. That's when I knew it was going to be a good trip lol.
 We stayed a couple blocks from the Duomo so I have a lot of this background
 Brady and I walked through the city. We ate focaccia and gelato. We bought bottles of wine to take to Piazzale Michelangelo and enjoyed our first night in Florence. It the best way to start our trip. 
 First gelato... lemon and pistachio
 Just hangin with the guys
Ponte Vecchio
Sweated our way up to Piazzale Michelangelo
  Wine, focaccia, and this view!
  Grateful to be here 
 The steps were getting crowded
 The first full day was spent at Cinque Terre (posted here). On the second full day, we rented a car with Brie and Tyler. We drove through Tuscany and stopped in small towns for wine tastings. The scenery was out of a movie. It was everything I had hoped for. 
 Road trip
 This was my favorite spot
 Stunning views
Chianti 
Brie and I in conversation and Tyler probably ignoring us
 Sister, sister
Rolling hills
 Brady going to the toilet
 Family of three
Great travel partners
 We drove back to Florence just in time for our tour of the Duomo. Then, raced all over the city again that night (literally, sweating). It was fantastico!
 Entering the Duomo
 Pretty impressive
 Hot as hell
View from the top
 It was pretty great
 These tunnels are not for the claustrophobic
 Ponte Vecchio round 2
This guy was serious
The sunset was incredible
Brie's substitute for wine

No comments:

Post a Comment