Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Twenty Months

I can't believe she's nearly two-years-old! I'm still loving the toddler stage. New developments every single day.
Evie is full of spunk and giggles and tantrums. She wakes up every morning full of energy and ready to start her day. She's a social butterfly. She literally yells "HI!" at people across the street. It's half adorable and half embarrassing. She loves to play outside and climb on everything. People at the park always assume she's older because she's so comfortable on all the equipment. 

She still loves dogs and babies. Her most frequent request is "my baby" which translates to more baby. She always wants to watch videos of herself or other babies. I'm very mindful to keep my phone out of sight, otherwise I know she start begging for "my baby."

A few new developments... she is no longer afraid of the vacuum. I'm sad about this because she used to run into my arms and cuddle every time Brady got the vacuum out. Now, she says "hi vacuum." She also recently started hating ducks. I don't know what happened, but she never wants to see them at the park and when she does she yells at them to "go away."

My favorite thing at the moment is when Brady and I pretend to be scared and Evie tells us "it's ok!" If we continue acting scared then she'll get really panicked. It's so funny. 

The latest obsession is coloring. I hear "cola" multiple times a day. She prefers if Brady and I will color with her and honestly she can't be trusted to color on her own. I've found too many chewed crayons. 

Evie stopped drinking bottles within the past month. She was drinking 6-7 oz of milk every night. I thought this was going to be a battle to give it up, but she suddenly lost interest. That was the easiest transition. Now, she has a sippy cup of milk when read books, but she usually only takes 1-2 drinks. 

We're still working on learning colors. Currently, everything is either yellow or blue. Evie is also starting swim lessons on Saturday. I know she'll love it, but I actually think Brady and I are more excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment