Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Italy Part 4: Rome

I was reinvigorated when we arrived in Rome! It didn't feel like the end of the trip. It felt like a new vacation. I was so excited!

We dropped our bags at the apartment then went out for lunch and started hitting up tourist sites... Colosseum, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Cat Sanctuary (for Tyler). We walked 10 miles every day in Rome. We would leave the apartment early in the morning and arrive home at midnight. We would walk all over the city, sweat profusely, then stop for wine. Brady and Tyler usually walked with beers in hand. Our showers were well earned each day.
 Out and about
 Amazing
  Everywhere you turn
 Spanish steps right when we walk out of the train station
 I love these city views
 Incredible fountains
 Pantheon
 Cat sanctuary
 Caesar
 The parentals
 Onto the drinks portion of the day
 Snapping pictures while we walk
 Espresso before beer
We went to the Vatican on our second day. The artwork and architecture was breathtaking, but it was hot and there were so. many. people. We did a walking tour through the museum, Sistine Chapel, and gardens. We walked through St. Peter's Basilica at the end of the tour, but my dress was too short so Brady and I left early.
Scooters everywhere
 Vatican City
The tapestries impressed me the most
 Incredible artwork
 A guy who is ready to leave
 Opulence
 The Basilica
 Swiss guards
It was warm
 Fun fact: we were asked to be in a couple's wedding photos at this park lol
 Looking rough
 Seeing the attractions by night
 Trevi fountain
Making wishes
The last day was free for all. My parents, Brie and Tyler visited the Castel Sant'Angelo. Brady and I wandered aimlessly through Trastevere, a hip neighborhood with cute shops and restaurants. We met up for lunch and drinks.
 I can't believe I didn't gain weight on this trip
 Lush greenery
See?
 Life in the city
 Every turn is beautiful
 When we part ways... they head home and we go get drinks lol
 I would love to live here
Tyler's photo from Castel Sant'Angelo
 This is the truest representation of how they looked in Rome


No comments:

Post a Comment