Wednesday, September 2, 2015

August Favorites

Beauty
1 | Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm is the most hydrating lip treatment. I use it every morning and every night. It's very long-lasting and tastes of honey :) The only downside is the price, but you do get a lot of product for $20. 

2 | Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer (Champagne) has replaced my beloved NARS eyeshadow primer. It was time for a change. Going with the champagne tint was a bit of risk, but I've been using it every day for weeks and I still love it.

3 | OPI Pompeii Purple is a great shade for summer. It's a pinky-purple color with a sheeny finish. It's definitely a color that would suite everyone. I wore this polish multiple times in August, which I rarely do. 

4 | L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray is the only hair product I've been using this month. I've neglected all mousse, dry shampoo, texturizing sprays in favor of this hairspray. It adds light texture and hold, but you can still run your fingers through it.  

5 | Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara is another gem from Tarte. I've been loving all of their products lately- they make mascara like no one else. Tarte Gifted Mascara is my other fave. They do it all- lengthen, separate, volumize. 


Fashion
1 | Sam Edelman Felicia Flats ended my nearly month-long search for leopard flats. I love the look of these shoes, but the best part is that they're surprisingly comfortable. I'll get a lot of wear of these in autumn. 

2 | Club Monaco Wool Sweater (similar) was purchased on a whim during an online sale this summer. I bought it for autumn, but I've been wearing it nonstop. I find myself throwing it on over everything. 


3 | Kut From the Kloth Diana Pants are essentially dress-up sweat pants. They are insanely comfortable. I really just want to buy five pairs and never have to wear any other pants to work. Bonus- they're currently on sale. 


4 | Halogen Zip Pullover Sweater is also on sale and I'm tempted to buy a back-up. It's the perfect length and the zipper detail is very cute- especially with a striped top underneath. I like the classic grey and black, but cobalt blue is a real standout. 


5 | Michele watch feels like new again after replacing the old band. I love how easy it is to swap out watch straps. Michele is definitely the way to go if you're looking to splurge on a watch. You can completely customize your own


Miscellaneous
1 | KIND Granola Bars have been a big hit at our place. Brady and I have become addicted. I was never a fan of the traditional KIND bars that are full of nuts, but these are soft and chewy and delicious. 

2 | Fage Greek Yogurt has made me a greek yogurt convert. Separating the yogurt and fruit...genius! I've been buying this stuff in bulk. 

3 | Hydro Flask Water Bottle is one of the best purchases to come out of August. It actually fulfills all of its claims- keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours. Plus, no condensation. I only wish I had gotten a larger size. 

4 | Shine Organics Revive Pouches were a new discovery this past month that have become my little afternoon snack. They're delicious and guilt-free. I love browsing Target's snack aisles... so many good finds!

5 | Hand-painted travel mug by yours truly (as seen in this Weekend Update post) has replaced my boring store-bought travel mug. If you carry something (like coffee) everyday, put it in a mug that makes you happy :)

The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment