Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Netflix Picks



I watch an embarrassing amount of Netflix. Occasionally, Brady will get into a show with me (we love Sherlock and House of Cards), but I usually tend to go for more drama & romance. 

I have chosen four of my favorite movies and TV shows that are perfect for a solo night in or some girl time.

I have really gotten into period dramas (I blame Downton Abbey). I realize I'm late to the game with Mona Lisa Smile and Shakespeare in Love (both over a decade old). They are both well-known excellent movies that I would highly recommend if you haven't seen them!

After devouring two seasons of House of Cards in one weekend I fell in love with Robin Wright! I immediately typed her name in the Netflix search bar and found Adore. I had never heard of this movie and I don't quite know how to describe it, so I recommend watching the first 20 minutes and see how you feel. 

I just watched Last Love yesterday. I wanted a movie playing while I cleaned the house, but instead I ended up sitting on the couch for two hours... I only chose this movie because it takes place in Paris and I love Clemence Poesy (so much that I tried convincing Brady our first born daughter should be named Clemence). It's an endearing story of friendship and love that left me tearing up.

All of my TV shows are extremely popular and require little explanation, so...
If you enjoy mystery, I suggest Pretty Little Liars
If you like drama, I recommend Revenge or Scandal
If you're fond of feel-good family shows, I propose Brothers & Sisters


No comments:

Post a Comment