Tuesday, January 27, 2015

De-Stress

My routine was completely off after moving to Washington. I was stressed with the all changes- new environment, first job, no family or friends; not to mention that first month of living out of a hotel with a rental car. It's taken a few months to feel fully settled, but these little rituals have really helped!

1 | Music
This had to be #1. Music is everything to me. I always have a few playlists on phone for different occasions- mello (for bedtime), pump (for workouts), favorites (for everyday). Music is my happy place.
My happy tune
2 | Tea
A new discovery for me. I've started drinking peppermint tea every night before bed while I sit in my rocking chair and listen to music. This is my form of meditation. It's my ultimate relaxation technique.
Tazo refresh mint is my current favorite
3 | To Do Lists
My to-do list was daunting. I finally got things under control after a few days off last week. These lists are so helpful and there is no better feeling then checking things off!
Finally a to-do list with less than 5 items 
4 | Shower
Honestly, The 1975 nailed it when they sang "get in the sower when it all goes wrong." There are no truer words. I'm a firm believer in washing off (literally) a bad day. 
5 | Workout
When I say workout, I really mean a good run. My head is never clearer than when I'm running. Even if it's a bad run, it's better than nothing. A day (or mindset) can be completely turned around in just 2 miles. 
A run along the Puget Sound will do wonders 
6 | Netflix
I have a few go-to shows/movies that are great to get my mind off things. I love to zone out for awhile and escape to a good storyline. Gossip Girl, House of Cards, Adore, and Almost Famous are in the current rotation.
7 | Nails
My sisters think I'm crazy, but I thoroughly enjoy painting my nails. If there is the slightest chip I have to redo them. It's a mindless task that leaves a satisfying result. Win, win. 
Rich raspberry by Revlon 
8 | Call Mom
This one had to be last because there's nothing left to do after you call Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment