Sunday, March 22, 2015

Scottsdale, AZ

Brady and I had a great to trip Arizona!

We arrived early Thursday morning and had the entire day to explore Tempe. We spent some time at the hotel pool, wandered around the ASU campus, and tried out many restaurants and bars.
So convenient to stay at the Tempe Mission Palms, which is in the center of the downtown area
I was pretty impressed by ASU's library
Pear cider... yum  

I think I'm anemic. I was craving burgers the entire trip
Ith
Lots of oysters consumed on this trip 
Brady's family flew in Friday morning, so quickly climbed to the top of A-mountain before they came to pick us up. The boys played a round of golf while the girls went out for lunch, did a little grocery shopping and lounged by the pool. We reconvened to go out for dinner and drinks.
Top of A-mountain
The house!
So many lemons and oranges 
We intended to hike Four Peaks on Saturday, but I got seriously motion-sick on the bumpy ride through the mountains. We scratched the hike, turned the car around, and went for run through the desert. Then, we went out in Scottsdale Saturday night with the entire family after watching the Iowa State game.
Went for a drive with the boys to go explore
Post-run pic
Sunday was a relaxing day. We spent lots of time by the pool. I finally finished a book (which I haven't done in months) and accidentally got too much sun (oops).
Sibling rivalry = 45 min treading contest, which ended in a 4-way tie. 
Teasing the donkey's 
We hike Camelback Mountain on Monday. I only made it halfway. I think it was a combination of too much sun, too much booze, and too little food that did me in. After the hike it was time to head back to the house and pack. We flew out at 6pm and didn't arrive home until midnight. Tuesday morning was pretty rough, but we had a great trip.
Trying to pet the lizard
First time to In-N-Out. Perfect way to end the trip.
Sorry for my absence last week! I've been having technical difficulties. Fingers-crossed everything has been resolved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment