Thursday, October 1, 2015

September Favorites

Beauty
1 | NARS Dolce Vita Blush has been the only blush I've used for the past 6 weeks. It's incredibly pigmented- you only need a tiny bit and it lasts all day. This color is so great for A/W, it looks as if you've just been frolicking in the crisp, fall air.

2 | Urban Decay Primer Potion was an impulse buy. It was on sale at ULTA and I couldn't resist. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like it. It reminds me of the NARS primer that I love- similar consistency and very long-lasting.

3 | Essie Bahama Mama has been on my nails a lot this month. I keep going back and forth between this color and OPI Bubble Bath- drastically different colors, but nice to switch things up. Plus, I love the name :)

4 | Living Proof Full Thickening Range was my go-to a couple years back and I don't know why I ever stopped using it. It works so well with my fine hair and it smells wonderful. My hair no longer feels heavy and lifeless. 

5 | Tarte Inner Rim Eyeliner is a few years old (and probably bad to keep using). I never really got into it after I purchased it. I rediscovered it a couple weeks ago and I've been wearing it nearly every day. I love the awakened effect it gives. 

Fashion
1 | Wilfred Aronson Sweater was a recommendation from the sales girl at Aritzia. She said it's their best-selling sweater and now I know why. It's the softest, most comfortable sweater I own. It definitely runs large. I got a size small. 

2 | Kut From The Kloth Pants are also insanely comfortable (my main focus when clothes shopping). They have so much stretch, but still look like real pants. I've been wearing them for work and play because green khakis have become my thing. 

3 | Tory Burch Caroline Flats are the best pattern. They're interesting, but still neutral. I can throw them on with anything and it will work. Plus, they're actually comfortable. No breaking in period like the Revas. Well done, Tory.

4 | Marc Jacobs Wristlet has made me realize I don't need to carry a bag! I can fit my phone, lip balm, keys, and all my cards... I never would have guessed, but I've been traveling very light these days and I'm into it. 

5 | MUK LUK Slippers have been getting a lot of love this month, but I don't know if they're considered "fashion"... only on my blog. I just bought another pair because mine were looking a little scruffy- that was a 9-month lifespan (worn daily). Not bad.


Miscellaneous 
1 | Pledge Lavender & Peach Cleaner must be what Pier1 Imports uses! I recognized that heavenly scent right away- smells of Pier1 and I'm more than ok with that. I love that it's multi-surface too.

2 | ESTEAM Steamer was an exciting purchase (that's when you know you're old). The first day I got it I steamed everything in my closet. It's a handy little size- very lightweight and heats up fast. However, it does run out of water quickly- shouldn't be an issue unless you steam your entire wardrobe. 

3 | Chai Latte is my favorite drink to make at home. It reminds me of my mom. We spent last autumn drinking chai latte and watching Scandal... those were the days.

4 | Bath & Body Works 'We Love Fall' Candle has already been repurchased. I'm averaging one a week right now. Lighting this candle is priority #1 when I get home. It's so warm and cozy. 

5 | Ryan Adams 1989 album is amazing. I definitely prefer his rendition of Welcome to New York and Shake It Off. He sounds like Bruce Springsteen... probably the reason my mom is in love with this album too. 

The faves of the faves 

No comments:

Post a Comment