Friday, June 12, 2015

May Favorites

Beauty
1 | Maybelline Brow Drama gel was one of the few makeup items I actually used in the Bahamas. My brows always get lighter in the summertime, but this provides the most subtle hint of color (and hold).

2 | Ole Henrikson Sheer Transformation moisturizer was another Bahamas savior. My skin was dry from the sun, but this little jar worked miracles. It was moisturizing, but never greasy.

3 | Replica Beach Walk rollerball perfume is my absolute favorite summer scent ever. It smells very similar to the Bobbi Brown version, which I am eager to try next because my only complaint is the lasting-power with this one. 

4 | Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner (Mushroom) provides the most subtle definition. Great for days when you want to wear something on the eyes, but don't want it to look obvious or noticeable. 

5 | L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara has come back into rotation. It's lengthening and volumizing. I always get compliments when I wear it and it's definitely my most recommended product. 


Fashion
1 | DV by Dolce Vita sandals were a copy-cat purchase. Brie had them first, but I wore them when I was in Iowa and loved them. They're surprisingly comfortable, I really like the colorful beads, and they're only $30.

2 | DL1961 'Riley' boyfriend jeans are certainly my most worn jeans this past month. They are so comfortable and look good with nearly everything. Boyfriend jeans with sandals is one of my favorite summer looks.

3 | JCrew army pants are my most versatile pants. I wear them for work and fun, which rarely happens. I really like  how they keep their shape and they're a flattering ankle cut. 

4 | Seea Leucadia bikini is totally worth the money! This is about the max I would spend on a bikini, but this one is reversible so it's like 2-in-1 :) In hindsight I probably wouldn't purchase the bottoms, because I really like the top with plain black bottoms. 

5 | Vince long-sleeve tees are simply the best. I currently have three (black, white, burgundy), but I wear them nonstop. They're another versatile item that I can wear to work, but also out and about on the weekends.


Miscellaneous 
1 | Euphoria by L. King is one of my all-time favorite books. I was thinking about this book weeks after I had finished it. I had to take it on vacation just so my mom could read (which she did in 2 days). 

2 | Mint Chocolate has been my treat of choice lately. I should really specify dark chocolate. I love this combination. Brady and I get these large chocolate bars and then break off a couple squares for something sweet at night. 

3 | The Blacklist has really become an addiction. Brady got me hooked on it a few weeks ago and I'm already halfway through the second season. It really keeps your attention. I typically watch 2-3 episodes in a row before I can pull myself away.

4 | Sally Hansen gel nail polish has restored my interest in gel manicures. The SensatioNail kit that I got a few months ago was no good. The polishes were clumpy and difficult to work with, but these polishes are so smooth and opaque!

5 | All The Light We Cannot See by A. Doerr is probably the quickest I've ever read a book. I just couldn't put it down. It's a gripping WWII story with two young protagonists. 

The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment