Thursday, July 2, 2015

June Favorites

Beauty
1 | NARS Blush (Orgasm) has come back into rotation for the summertime. The subtle shimmer is perfect this time of year. It leaves the best peachy, sun-kissed look. I've also been using it as an eyeshadow. 

2 | NARS Bronzer (Laguna) is another multipurpose item- bronzer and eyeshadow. It's an especially good crease shade! I really like this shade as a bronzer in the summertime because it's so subtle against a tan. 

3 | Dove Dry Shampoo is a new discovery. I was using a Tony & Guy dry shampoo, but the smell made me queasy. This one is sooo much better! It smells great, absorbs the oil, and leaves no filmy layer behind. 

4 | Tony & Guy Volume Pumping Mousse is much better than their dry shampoo. I've been showering at night and using one little pump of this before going to bed with wet hair. When I wake up my hair isn't matted to my head and is much more manageable. 

5 | Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette is my summer palette. This is the time when I bust out the shimmer shades. It's so brightening and lifting. I've been really into pale, shimmery eyes this past month. 

Fashion
1 | 7 For All Mankind Denim Shorts are my weekend shorts. I remind myself each week to get them washed before Friday. They're comfortable, they keep their shape, and they're the perfect length. Plus, the rolled hem doesn't fall out in the wash. 

2 | Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals are getting pretty old, but I keep going back to them. Every year I buy new sandals, but end up wearing these. I love the simple design and they go with any outfit. I wear the black ones quite a bit, but the leopard are my faves. 

3 | Max Studios Crocheted White Top has gotten a lot of wear and a lot of compliments these past couple weeks. It's lightweight, but not sheer (no cami necessary) and can easily be dressed up or down. 

4 | Tiffany & Co. Elsa Peretti Necklace is an oldie, but a goodie. The long chain actually came with a different Tiffany's necklace, but I really like it with the cross. They were both gifts from Brady in college.

5 | ASOS Sunglasses have gone on sale! I'm seriously considering a second pair just in case anything happens to these. They're comfortable to wear all day and they're so cute- a very unique pair of sunglasses that you don't have to splurge on. 

Miscellaneous 
1 | Grey by E.L. James does give any new information on the Christian and Ana relationship, but it does give a glimpse into Christian's thoughts and dreams. It had been so long since I read the first few books that this ended up being a nice little refresher. 

2 | Little Bee by Chris Cleave is very interesting. I'm only 1/4 finished, but I'm intrigued. It's a unique setting and storyline- nothing like I've ever read before. If Grey hadn't been released I probably would have been sucked into this book.

3 | Franklin Mill Felt Notebook has been keeping me organized and I love that. I carry this little notebook everywhere. I keep lots of to-do lists, ideas of blog posts, notes for work, etc. It's the perfect size and I like being to tear the pages out if needed. 

4 | JR Watkins Foaming Handsoap is heavenly. I randomly choose a couple at Target last week and the aloe/green tea scent is amazing. I'm so excited to wash my hands now!

5 | Saltwater taffy was a thoughtful little gift from Brady. He was out of town last week for work and brought me home a big bag of taffy. I love this stuff, but I hate that he bought so much because I have no self control.

The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment