Friday, September 2, 2016

August Favorites

Beauty
1 | Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer is an old favorite that I recently rediscovered. I got the SPF version for our trip to California and liked it even more than the original. It's hydrating, cooling, and smells really good.

2 | Smith's Rosebud Salve has been with me at all times this past month. I reapply about 30 times each day - obviously doesn't last long, but it feels so good. Plus, I really like the squeeze tube version.

3 | Chanel Volume de Chanel Mascara is dramatic. It's probably the blackest mascara I've used and the volume is insane (like the name suggests). Also, zero flaking throughout the day! The only downside is how difficult it is to remove.

4 | Boscia Cleansing Oil is the only cleanser I have that can remove the Chanel mascara! It melts away all my makeup with no greasy residue. I've been using it everyday and I still have quite a bit left so it's definitely lasting longer than I expected. 

5 | Biosilk Blonde Shampoo was a spontaneous Amazon purchase, but I'm quite pleased with it. I haven't noticed a drastic change in my hair color, but I really like the way it lathers and I have peace of mind knowing my color is protected. 


Fashion
1 | GAP Shift Dress (old, similar) has been worn weekly for the past 4-5 weeks. I completely forgot about it (I never look at the dress section of my closet) until I got pregnant and jeans started becoming uncomfortable. Shift dress = heaven. 

2 | GAP Modern Cami is a new wardrobe staple. Banana Republic used to sell amazing basic tanks. Brie and I would buy them in bulk, but they stopped making them :( These are my new favorites. They're long, have good stretch, and a great price point. 

3 | Hudson Signature Bootcut Jeans are one of few pairs of non-maternity pants that still fit (without a hairband). I've had them for years, but they've always been too big. I'm so glad I kept them now! I love the style and it's nice to fit in some regular clothes still.

4 | Birkenstocks (Gizeh) were a necessary purchase in Santa Monica. I got blisters from walking in my Havaianas all day so we stopped by Nordstrom for an immediate change of footwear. These saved my feet! Love them. 


Miscellaneous
1 | Nalgene Water Bottle is another item that's with me all day. I get anxious if I don't have water with me. I've been drinking 45-64 ounces of water each day and this helps me keep track of my intake. Plus, it's more sanitary than my Camelbak with the straw.

2 | Lush Sandstone Soap is a favorite for both Brady and I. He's obsessed with lemon-scented soup. Not only does this smell great, but I really like the exfoliation - it's pretty harsh so I only use it every few days. Feel squeaky clean afterwards.

3 | The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is one of few books I've actually re-read. I'm typically one-and-done when it comes to books and movies, but this book is sooo good. It completely transports you to a different (WWII) time. Highly recommend!

4 | White Bedding will always hold a special place in my heart. It's so easy (seriously, Mom!) - just bleach it periodically and it looks new again. We had our old bedding - also white - since we first got married, 4 years ago. It was time for a change, but it had to be white.

5 | Yogi Raspberry Ginger Tea has been my coffee substitute lately. It has a little caffeine and tastes great. It's nice to drink a warm (caffeinated) beverage in the morning. This flavor tastes like Autumn :) yum. 


The faves of the faves

No comments:

Post a Comment