Thursday, October 23, 2014

Autumn Skincare

I've switched up my skincare routine for autumn (click here for my summer skincare routine). I finally discovered some products that really work for my (oily) skin, most of which are from The Body Shop. My face has been happy, hydrated, and matte with this little update.
AM products:
Clarisonic Mia 2 is back in my life. After breaking two of them I figured it just wasn't meant to be. However, it was still under warranty and easy to replace. Now I've fallen back in love and can't imagine my skin without it. 

Elizabeth Arden 2-in-1 Cleanser works great with my Clarisonic. It's a cleanser and toner which is great to have one less step in the process. Plus, it smells amazing- very minty and refreshing.

The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth is still in my routine. I'm nearly done with my second bottle and will be sure to replace it. It's lightweight, hydrating, and seriously makes my skin so much smoother. 

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream is the holy grail of moisturizers for oily skin. I'm a total believer in this seaweed range- matte to the max. I also like that it is packaged in a pot that way you get every last bit out.

PM products:
Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes are a skincare staple. I use them at night, but also randomly throughout the day and while traveling. An absolute must-have!

Clinique Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent is put to good use when I wear heavy eye makeup. I soak two cotton balls and hold them on my eyes for 10 seconds then just wipe away all the shadow/liner/mascara.

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask is purifying and detoxifying. It leaves my skin so smooth and never tight or itchy. I only use it once-a-week and it's quick drying so it only needs 5-10 minutes on the skin. 

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Anti-Wrinkle Serum has worked wonders these past 4 months. While it does have a potent (alcohol) scent, it quickly absorbs and fades away. 

Tea Tree Oil works wonders on blemishes. I previously used benzoyl peroxide, but this is so much better. I also use it prophylactically on my chin, where I tend to have the most breakouts. 

Nivea Lip Butter is still my go-to lip balm. It's so thick and hydrating. There is a lot of product in this little pot- I've been using it for over a year and I'm not even half done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment