Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weekend Update

Hello from Big Sky, Montana! Sorry this post is a day late, but internet service is lacking in these mountains.

We're having a fabulous time on vacation and we still have a few days left. I dropped Brady off at the airport Friday morning and spent the entire day at the pool. It was a fantastic way to spend the 4th.
Friday night turned into a pamper session... face mask, mani/pedi, YouTube beauty videos, It's Complicated (seriously, this movie never gets old)
Saturday morning I finished packing and made a last minute Target run. Caitlin (sister-in-law) picked me up in the afternoon to go to the airport together. We met Ann (mother-in-law) in Minneapolis and caught up with all the boys in Montana.
Fortunately, Caitlin loves 1D as much as I do.
Sunday morning Ann, Caitlin, and I went horseback riding for a couple hours. The views were incredible!


Sunday afternoon I hiked the Beehive Basin (4.5 miles & 9,200 feet) with Brady, Connor, and Colin. It took 1.5 hours to get to the top, where there was an unnamed lake surrounded by snow and mountain peaks. It was breathtaking and completely worth the nose bleed, scraped knee and sore legs.
I was so happy to see this lake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment