Wednesday, September 3, 2014

August Favorites

A few of things I've been enjoying throughout August...

Beauty
 1 | Too Faced Natural Eyes is everything I could want in a palette. A mix of neutral matte and shimmer shades that blend like dream. I also use a few of the shades to fill in my brows occasionally. 

2 | Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray will definitely be used year round. I have fine, lifeless hair. This adds the perfect amount of volume and texture. Plus, it smells of coconut. 

3 | OPI Alpine Snow is the perfect opaque white polish. Only two coats needed. I really love white nails and I'll continue wearing this shade into autumn. With my tan fading, this is my way of holding onto summer.

4 | Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede Cologne is my everyday scent. It's light enough to be worn during the daytime, but has excellent lasting power. I'm going through it quite quickly, but will definitely repurchase. 

5 | Banana Boat Summer Color Sunless Tinted Lotion is the best self tanning lotion I've found. It provides a natural looking tan without streaks. Plus, it smells great, unlike all other sunless tanning lotions. 


Fashion
 1 | Sam Edelman Gigi Sandals have been my most worn sandals this summer. They are easily transitioned from casual daytime looks to dressy evening outfits. Bonus, they're actually comfortable.

2 | ASOS Tall V-Neck Cami Top is the holy grail of tanks. It's long, soft, and unfitted. I wear this top alone (with a bralette) or under sweaters. It's so amazing I bought four and I still want a couple more.

3 | Citizens of Humanity Avedon Skinny are my new favorite jeans. I bought them in the winter and rarely wore them. This summer I cut them up a bit (just the knees and ankles) and now I wear them nonstop. 

4 | Ray Ban Clubmaster Aluminum Sunglasses are the perfect twist on a classic shape. The original clubmasters didn't look good on me, but add mirrored lenses and aluminum details and I'm in heaven.

5 | J.Crew Prima Jersey Tank is another great tank option. Long, soft, and unfitted :) just the way I like them. I bought it in white and grey, but I think the black and green shades should also be in my closet. 


Miscellaneous
1 | The 1975 is my absolute favorite! Brady and I are going to see them in concert on Friday :) I've been listen to their album for an entire year without getting tired of it. Listen to Chocolate, So Far, or The City and you'll get it.

2 | We Were Liars is my favorite book of the year. I read the entire book on Sunday whilst I was sick. I just couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this quick read!

3 | bkr Water Bottle is a 500 mL glass water bottle with a silicone sleeve. I love that it doesn't alter the taste of water. The only problem is the small mouthpiece- ice cubes don't fit. Other than that  it's fantastic. 

4 | Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea is delicious. I buy the single use packets and add them to water nearly everyday. It's a great way to drink more water and the little packets are handy to take on the go.

5 | Peaches are my newest obsession. I used to eat cereal every morning, but this past month I just couldn't bare to pour another bowl. Now, my breakfast of choice is a hard boiled egg and a peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment