Thursday, September 25, 2014

New {To Me}

I've been doing a bit of shopping lately to get ready for fall. There have been some pretty great sales to help me justify all these purchases. I didn't realize until I began taking photos for this post that the majority of the items are black. I love it so much it's become a subconscious purchase. 

Here's what I've picked up the in past couple of weeks...
DKNY Cassidy Faux Leather Sleeve Anorak will be my jacket of choice this fall. I'm so excited for the weather to cool down so I can finally wear it! The sleeves and the long length are my favorite features.
Nike Free 5.0+ are my favorite sneakers of all time. This is my fourth pair. That may seem crazy, but they are that good. Nowadays it takes a bit more effort to find them. I picked these up at Saks Off 5th.
Paige Denim Verdugo Ultra Skinny (Black Shadow) are insanely comfortable. I'm a Paige denim convert. The stretch is unparalleled. Plus, they're extra black, don't fade in the wash, and I can wear them multiple times without losing stretch. 
J.Crew Merino Wool Asymmetrical Zip Sweater is on sale now! I just picked this up last Friday (Brie got it too). I can't wait to wear it. The zippers are cool, but also functional.
J.Crew Merino Wool Swing Sweater is also on sale and worth all the hype. I remember people raving about this sweater last year so I had to get my hands on it this time around. I wore it last weekend and I'm already in love.
Banana Republic Ashbury Tote is my new everyday bag. I love the size and simplicity. Plus, it's so well-made. The leather is thick enough so it keeps a bit of structure. The only problem is how I overfill it... this bag enables untidiness.
Clare V Flat Clutch Supreme has been worth the wait. I ordered it in July, but it didn't arrive until early September. The pattern is perfect for me. Neutral without being boring. The size is great. I just wish it wasn't so stiff. 
Cole Haan Cassidy Booties are a gift from the autumn loving heavens. The chunky wood heel is perfect for fall. They are comfortable (a little under 3 inch heel height). The black leather is soft and supple. Win, win, win.
While I'm at it I should probably just share a few beauty products that slipped into my bag as well. I just can't resist ULTA or The Body Shop.
Tea Tree Oil is working wonders on my blemishes. A few drops the past two days have completely cleared my skin. This has replaced my benzoyl peroxide for sure. 

Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream is the best moisturizer for oily skin. I've been matte all day and that never happens. I really like that it comes in a pot- that way you can get every last bit. It smells very fresh and clean.

Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and smooth. I've only used it a couple times, but I already like it way more than Glam Glow and Origins Charcoal Mask.

Shea Body Butter was only $5 when I purchased the other three items. Shea butter is my favorite scent- it smells nice, but it doesn't overpower my perfume. 

OPI In the Cable Car Pool Lane has gotten a lot of use already. My mom and I both have it on our nails and toes. It's a great color for fall- dark, but not goth.

Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil smells nice. That's all I can say at this point. I've only had it a couple days and don't really see a benefit so far. 

Salon Grafix Play It Big Volumizing Dry Shampoo is my holy grail dry shampoo. It's so much better than the original and it smells better too. I've been using everyday, even when I showered that morning.

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara is only so-so. I like the bristles and the formula, but I think the bendable wand is difficult to work with. I need more control with a fixed position wand.

No comments:

Post a Comment