Monday, September 22, 2014

Weekend Update

Sorry for no post on Friday! I spent the day with Brie and we busied ourselves with shopping, chatting, picking out new eyeglasses, sampling hardwood floors (she and Tyler are refinishing the floors in their kitchen/dining room/entry). It was a fun day, but I was exhausted. I actually bought Starbucks at 8pm for the drive home. Then, Brady called and said his family was having bonfire so we ended the night at his parents house.
Do you like my Pinky and the Brain hoodie from high school? 
You know what's in here :)
Colin & Connor
Ann (with Runner) & Caitlin (with Kingsley)
Brice & Brady
Saturday morning we woke up early to go to the Des Moines Farmer's Market. It was much bigger than I expected. The food was delicious and there were some great bands playing. I love just walking around to see all the different stands full of food, clothing, and flowers. We stopped at Mickey's Irish Pub for drink before heading to the mall.
There are some adorable little restaurants and shops in downtown Des Moines.
Breakfast bowl with scrambled eggs, sausage, potato wedges, cheese, & salsa. This doesn't look as good as it tasted.
Some great bands. This little guy dancing was so cute.
This was delicious! Made me regret my breakfast bowl. 
Things are looking festive for fall!
Lululemon is coming to Jordan Creek! 
The line for the iPhone 6 was quite long.
Dillard's had some amazing sales. I got Brady these sneakers for $20.
Saturday night was date night for Brady and I. We had dinner at Dublin Bay in Ames. We love spending time with our family and friends, but it's so nice to have some alone time and catch up. Plus, the food was amazing. I got a grilled salmon salad. Brady ordered bangers and mash. We shared bread pudding for dessert.
We had drinks at the bar before heading out to the patio for dinner.
Possibly my favorite dessert ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment