Thursday, November 13, 2014

Coastal Vibes

I have high hopes that Brady and I will find an apartment soon. I'm getting anxious to finally be settled. Plus, I'm eager to start decorating :) I think a lot of the decor we had in Iowa will work nicely with the cool, coastal tones I want in this new place. I envision a lot of white, grey, and blue. Here's an idea of what I'm thinking for the living room...
Restoration Hardware Lancaster Upholstered Sofa is the perfect size and shape. I'm leaning towards a grey sofa, but this ivory shade is very tempting. 

Safavieh Nikki Shell Table Lamp is neutral, but still detailed and interesting. I love the mosaic look and round base. A bit pricey, but definitely a stand out piece. 

Pier 1 Imports Pillows (stiped, leaflet, ivory) are always a good idea.  I always look at Pier 1 first for pillows and throws. They're affordable, cute, and maintain their shape.

Pottery Barn Tanner Round Coffee Table is exactly what I had in mind for this space. I really like the round shape. Plus, our apartment will (most likely) be small so glass will make the living room feel bigger.

Rugs USA Maui Chunky Loop Rug will look great on it's own or layered with another rug on top. I would really like to add a smaller shag rug on top, but I don't know if Brady will go for it.

Etsy Shop Octopus Print has been all over the place, but I still want it. I've seen it on multiple blogs and on Bill & Giuliana's TV show (in Duke's room). 

Restoration Hardware Easel is so cool, but probably a bit impractical. Where would the cable box/DVD player go? Although, it could also be really nice to feature some artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment