Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Overrated

I'm afraid my Weekend Update's will now occur every other Monday. I have to work every other weekend so there's not much time to do anything else. This was my weekend on, but Brady and I managed to purchase a new car :) We also went to Brent and Molly's for dinner and drinks on Friday night which was a ton of fun!

I don't like negative posts, but I will make an exception if it will help someone else, in this case, save money. Here are a few items that I found unimpressive...

Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation | I have never liked mineral make-up so I should have known better. However, every YouTube beauty channel that I follow was raving about this product. I've tried using it many different ways, but I just can't get over the fact that it leaves my skin oily and it smells bad. 
Little Miracles Lemongrass Tea | When I found Little Miracles on sale at Target I had to try each flavor. The green tea and white tea are the best. The black tea is okay, but the lemongrass tea is horrible. It tastes like 100% ginger. It reminds me of sushi- I do like sushi, but don't want my tea to taste like it. 
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Lid Lines | I've tried a fair number of shadow primers and this one is definitely the worst. It's a thin, watery formulation that simply does not last. I prefer a thicker, gel-like consistency. The NARS primer is definitely my favorite, but the Bare Minerals BB cream shadow is also pretty good.
Lululemon Scuba Hoodie | This was my first Lululemon purchase. I was drawn to the simple, classic design. Plus, it comes in every color. The only problem is the fit. It's far too short and it's just not very comfortable. I expected more from a $108 sweatshirt. Now, I prefer their longer, stretchier sweatshirts- like the Stride Jacket II.

No comments:

Post a Comment