Thursday, August 28, 2014

Basics {Black Denim}

I prefer black denim over blue year round. I think they are much more flattering and slimming than blue jeans. Plus, they go with absolutely everything. My closet is full of neutrals (white, grey, and black) so black denim fits in perfectly. 

While I have tried many different brands, styles, and washes there are only a few that I can recommend wholeheartedly. I should mention that I prefer skinny jeans that are pretty tight, but with a bit of stretch. 

Here are my favorites...

GAP 1969 Legging Jeans | $69.95
I just bought my second pair this past weekend. I got my first pair three years ago and I'm still loving them. Back then, they had zipper details on the ankles and I wish GAP still made that style! I got a small hole in  thigh, but they're still wearable. 
Pros: jet black | true to size
Cons: less stretch
Size: 6
J.Crew Toothpick Jeans | $115.00
I first purchased a pair last year. They were low on inventory so I bought a size 28. They fit well, but the waistband is a bit tight. I tried on another pair this past weekend and the size 29 was perfect. So I guess I'm a size 28 in their khakis and 29 in denim. Bonus, right now J.Crew is offering $20 off any pair of jeans when you bring in an old pair!
Pros: good stretch | maintain shape
Cons: fade with wash
Size: 29
Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny Jeans (Peyton) | $179.00 $64.99
Again, due to limited inventory on 6pm.com I had to purchase a size 28. Fortunately, these fit perfectly! They are more of a bluish/black shade (I prefer jet black). They are a bit thin, but very comfortable. These are the best for maintaining shape throughout the day.
Pros: good stretch | maintain shape
Cons: thin material | blueish/black color
Size: 28
rag & bone/JEAN Skinny Jeans (Coal) | $185.00
I really love these jeans. These have consistently been my go-to jeans. The only issue is that I have to wear a belt with them, which is okay because I love belts. They fit great throughout the legs, just too wide in the waist. I may consider trying a size 27 next time. 
Pros: good stretch | maintain shape | thick material
Cons: fade with wash | runs large in waist
Size: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment