Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Beat the Heat

It's been insanely hot and humid these past couple weeks. We're finally in for a reprieve this week, just in time for Labor Day weekend. A few makeup favorites are getting me through the dog days of summer. I've also been looking to update a few items that I hope will work to keep my skin more matte.
A few staple items, that have served me well...

1 | NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
My favorite eyeshadow primer by far. I've also tried the Benefit Stay Don't Stray and It Cosmetics By Bye Lid Lines. While they both worked, I just didn't bond with them quite like this NARS primer. The Benefit one is very opaque and can double as concealer. The It Cosmetics version has a slight tint that fades when it's rubbed in. I actually prefer a colorless primer.
2 | Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
If I am wearing foundation I'll spray this after I apply liquid/cream products and then again after powder products, when I'm completely finished with my makeup. On days when I'm wearing fewer base products I'll just give a few sprays before I head out the door. It works great either way. If I leave the house during the summertime without this spray I feel oily within hours.
I always carry this powder in my bag. It absorbs oil like nothing else (I'm not a fan of blotting sheets). It's a white powder, so I apply a light layer on my T-zone to avoid cakey, white build-up. I encouraged my mom and sister to get this and they love it just as much as I do. It's a handbag staple for us gals with combination/oily skin. 
A few items I need to add into my regimen...

I'm almost done with my First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream and I will not be repurchasing this moisturizer. It definitely doesn't keep me matte throughout the day. I received a sample of this Sephora Collection moisturizer. I've been wearing it the past three days and I can see a major difference. I'm hooked and I need the full size now!

I only wear Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Primer when I'm wearing a full face of makeup with liquid foundation. I works pretty well, but I'm curious if this Benefit primer will be better. Ingrid from the Miss Glamorazzi YouTube channel raves about the POREfessional primer. She also has oily skin so I trust this recommendation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment