Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review {Mascaras}

I hadn't realized, until I began taking photos, that I have SIX mascaras currently in rotation. That's nuts. However, I do feel like I can offer a thorough review of each one now :)

Mascara is the one beauty product that I would hate to live without. A few swipes of mascara really packs a punch. When I only have a few minutes to do my makeup I stick to concealer, mascara, and a brow pencil. 

I like many different formulations and wands for various occasions. Whether you prefer a more spidery effect, length/definition, or a natural look there is something for you in this post. 
I purchased the smaller size to test it out and I'm glad I did. It's definitely not my favorite. It's a dry formula. It offers a natural look with good definition, but I prefer little more drama. The wand is quite large so it's difficult to get to each lash. 
This mascara has rocked my world this summer. It's similar to the BUXOM mascara (dry formula, good definition), but more volume. I really prefer this mascara for everyday use. I purchased the water-resistant formulation- it's long lasting, but is easily removed at night.
Definition to the max with this mascara. It's great for separation and length. It's more of a wet formula so it coats the lashes very well. I'm not a big fan of the wand. Again, it's a bit too large which makes it more difficult to control.
My all-time favorite mascara! It's super black, plus it offers volume, length, and definition. This is the perfect formula, in my opinion. It's good from the moment you open it until the very end. Plus, it's in the midline price range at $16. 
I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara. First, it's an extremely wet formula so I had to let it sit for a few weeks before using it. It's very black and provides a lot of volume and length, but it also flakes.
If you like dramatic, spidery lashes (I do) then this is a great mascara. Black, volume, length are all there. However, definition does not exist with this wand. I have to go through my lashes with a small comb just to get a little separation. 
Here are few more I want to try out...

No comments:

Post a Comment